Thursday, March 15, 2012

Audrey Turns 10!

































For Audrey's 10th birthday we had a rollerskating party. It was really a lot of fun. Audrey invited friends from all over....school, church, neighborhood, family, etc. All 3 of our older children have become quite good at skating and enjoy going together. Audrey's big present was a guinea pig named "Oliver" or "Ollie" for short. We weren't too keen on the idea but she told us for months that it was the one and only thing she wanted. She promised to spend time caring for this furry friend and not leave me to do a thing. This promise has mostly been kept, so far.

One funny/scary thing Audrey said to me shortly after her birthday was, "you know mom, now it's only 2 years until I graduate from primary and go to young women's." That thought had not previously occurred to me and definitely made me uncomfortable for a few days.

Most importantly though, I have wanted to put into words my feelings for Audrey. She is such a sweet girl. She tries to be kind to everyone and is extremely helpful with Lila. She is practically raising her! She is so quick to say sorry when she makes a mistake. She recognizes and is grateful for her blessings. She often tells me how much she appreciates me and says the sweetest prayers of gratitude for the little things in life (toys, food, water, a warm bed, etc) Audrey is very smart and much more creative than the rest of us. It is quite amazing what this girl can do with her hands. She is a great reader and can often be found curled up someplace with a good book. I think she's equally talented with numbers and has recently discovered sudoku puzzles, which she enjoys doing while in the car. Audrey is learning to play piano, thanks to Aunt Heather, whom she adores, and loves to do gymnastics of any kind. We are so happy to have Audrey as part of our family! Love you Auds!